Ever since I made the decision to quit my job, I’ve had all these big plans. I am all the time coming up with things I can do now, that I couldn’t do while working 50+ hours a week. Boy-I have been missing out on SO much. But I feel overwhelmed and unorganized now that I’ll have all this free time, so I have came up with a plan, and a list of goals that I want to accomplish this summer.
- Most importantly, I want to devoted the entire last week of March (my first week at home) to Spring Cleaning. This will include, but is not limited to:
1. Dusting the base boards. While sweeping today I noticed they are quite dusty! So that must come first because now I am obsessing over it!
2. Re-organizing and purging my closet, including storing all winter coats away for the season.
3. Re-organizing the Garage. (David doesn’t know yet, but this includes him!)
4. Re-organizing the closet under the stairs. Ok-here is where I admit, the boxes are then are from when we moved in 4 months ago, and still need to be unpacked. And probably tossed!
There is much more to do, but that’s enough for now.
- Then I want to go through all the magazines in my office upstairs. I have stacks of them, and while they are organized, they are efficient if I need to find an article. I want to make a binder to store all the different articles. (One for home décor , one for organizing ideas, recipes, holiday ideas…you get the picture!).
- Sometimes this summer my Mom and I are going to pick blueberries, and strawberries at a patch in hometown. We’ll freeze some, and can jams, and syrups with some.
- Also another important one, I want to plant a garden, and add some colorful flowers to the from yard. It’s already landscaped but needs more color. The garden will ave tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, chives, cilantro, mint…and more I’m sure, but those are a MUST.