Thursday, February 19, 2009

Greatfully Unemployed

I just printed of my letter of resignation. I'll be turning it into my upper management and faxing a copy to HR in about 4 hours. Am I nuts? Why in this economy am I leaving the highest paid job I've ever had? Truthfully, I don't know. But also truthfully, I am not the first bit nervous about it, nor do I think I'll EVER regret it. Here are the Pros and Cons of leaving work.

Pros:

  • I am NOT happy, enough said.
  • I have a 2 hour a day, 100 mile commute. That's and extra $50 a week in gas, not to mention frequent oil changes and wear and tear on my car.
  • I have been neglecting my house for far too long because I didn't have time or energy and I have living like that.
  • I will save much much more with my couponing when I have more time to devote to it.
  • I really miss cooking meals and home and just being the stay at home wife I was for the last 4 years.
  • My brother is coming home in April for 2 weeks and I want to go home the entire time.
  • David is leaving the country for military reasons and I want to spend the time he's gone at my parents house.
  • My poor dog has to stay inside the garage all day while David and I are at work.
  • I have to buy "work" clothes that outside work I will never wear, and Ann Taylor isn't cheap.
  • And finally, even though there are many more reasons, I hate missing out on stuff with David because I'm always closing the store and MIGHT see him one day a week. I've had enough of that!

Cons of leaving:

  • Losing my income, which will be off set by my free time to coupon, cook, and lack of gas usage. So really, there are no cons.

And there you see why I'm leaving. It's no an impulsive thing, I've been going over and over this for almost 4 months now. I kept hoping I'd like it better, but if truth be told what I really hate is the lack of time it get anything done, and no manner of raises will give me more time off. Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Missy said...

You can save a lot of money by staying at home You can make it work with some effort. Can't wait to hear about your deals